BUG #11176: Doc bug: New York City is *not* the capital of New York State.

От hartzell@alerce.com
Тема BUG #11176: Doc bug: New York City is *not* the capital of New York State.
Дата
Re: BUG #11176: Doc bug: New York City is *not* the capital of New York State.  (Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11176
Logged by:          George Hartzell
Email address:      hartzell@alerce.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4beta2
Operating system:   any

Inheritance does not automatically propagate data from INSERT or COPY
commands to other tables in the inheritance hierarchy. In our example, the
following INSERT statement will fail:

This example, in section 5.8, Inheritance, suggests that someone thinks that
New York the city is the capital of New York the state.

> INSERT INTO cities (name, population, altitude, state)
VALUES ('New York', NULL, NULL, 'NY');
> We might hope that the data would somehow be routed to the capitals table,
but this does not happen: INSERT always inserts into exactly the table
specified. In some cases it is possible to redirect the insertion using a
rule (see Chapter 38). However that does not help for the above case because
the cities table does not contain the column state, and so the command will
be rejected before the rule can be applied.

The example would make more sense if the city were Albany.

g.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11161: set kern.ipc.semmap on FreeBSD 9.0+ get error
От: Jov
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11161: set kern.ipc.semmap on FreeBSD 9.0+ get error