Re: Minmax indexes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Re: Minmax indexes  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> A better description would be "block range index" since we are
> indexing a range of blocks (not just one block). Perhaps a better one
> would be simply "range index", which we could abbreviate to RIN or
> BRIN.

Seems a lot of people liked BRIN.  I will be adopting that by renaming
files and directories soon.

Here's v14.  I fixed a few bugs; most notably, queries with IS NULL and
IS NOT NULL now work correctly.  Also I made the pageinspect extension
be able to display existing index tuples (I had disabled that when
generalizing the opclass stuff).  It only works with minmax opclasses
for now; it should be easy to fix if/when we add more stuff though.

I also added some docs.  These are not finished by any means.  They
talk about the index using the BRIN term.

All existing opclasses were renamed to "<type>_minmax_ops".

Вложения