Re: [w32] test_shm_mq test suite permanently burns connections slots

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [w32] test_shm_mq test suite permanently burns connections slots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> OK, I think I see the problem.  In EXEC_BACKEND mode,
> SubPostmasterMain() calls InitProcess() before IsBackgroundWorker has
> been set.  InitProcess() therefore pulls the PGPROC for the worker
> from freeProcs rather than bgworkerFreeProcs.  By exit time,
> IsBackgroundWorker has been set, so the PGPROC gets put back on the
> bgworkerFreeProcs list.  Eventually there are no regular PGPROCs left;
> they've all been moved to the bgworkerFreeProcs list.

Doh.  I'm surprised -- I tested a worker that crashed over and over to
ensure PGPROCs were reused sanely.  I guess I forgot to run it under
EXEC_BACKEND.

Are you fixing it?

Сообщение: Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
Сообщение: Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)