Re: Portability issues in TAP tests

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Portability issues in TAP tests
Дата
Re: Portability issues in TAP tests  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Noah Misch 2014-07-18 <20140718052625.GA2231360@tornado.leadboat.com>
> Installing a new version of one Perl module is well within the capabilities of
> buildfarm owners.  Saving them the trouble, which in turn means more of them
> actually activating the TAP tests, might justify the loss.  I'd be sad to see
> the "subtest" use go away, but I lean toward thinking it's for the best.
>
> From a technical standpoint, it would be nicest to bundle copies of Test::More
> and IPC::Run for the test suites to use.

Please not. If no OS packages are available, there's still "cpan IPC::Run"
to get it installed to $HOME automatically.

> A minor point to add to your list:
>
> 5. The TAP suites don't work when $PWD contains spaces.

Here's yet another thing that I think is pretty major:

6. The tests fail if your $LANG isn't en_something:
   ok 1 - vacuumdb -z postgres exit code 0   not ok 2 - vacuumdb -z: SQL found in server log      #   Failed test
'vacuumdb-z: SQL found in server log'   #   at
/home/cbe/projects/postgresql/postgresql/9.4/build/../src/test/perl/TestLib.pmline 221.   #                   'LOG:
Anweisung:VACUUM (ANALYZE);   # '   #     doesn't match '(?^:statement: VACUUM \(ANALYZE\);)'   # Looks like you failed
1test of 2.

... repeated a gazillion times. pg_regress unsets LANG and LC_*, the
perl tests should do also.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/