Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 01:21:57PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > Second, the MinGW build uses few or none of the new PGFILEDESC entries; you
> > need to mention $(WIN32RES) as in (most) existing PGFILEDESC-using makefiles.
> I see, that's specified in src/makefiles/Makefile.win32. For the
> portion of conpversion_procs, updating directly proc.mk seems to be
> enough, so done this way. Also, an entry in conversion_procs was not
> updated according to the PGFILEDESC you introduced.
>
> Btw, looking more at those patches, I found a limitation with
> contrib/spi for MinGW builds: in order to pass WIN32RES to OBJS, some
> of the contrib defined as MODULES need to be defined as MODULE_big to
> accept a custom list of OBJS, but MODULE_big is not able to accept a
> list of shared libraries. This limitation causes all the dll generated
> in contrib/spi to not be versioned with MinGW. MSVC works fine though.

Please fix the MODULES case, perhaps by linking $(WIN32RES) into each library
implicitly.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds