Re: Use unique index for longer pathkeys.

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: Use unique index for longer pathkeys.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

I took a quick look at this patch, more or less because nobody else did.

> Duing last CF, I proposed to match long pathkeys against index columns
> during creating index paths. This worked fine but also it is difficult
> to make sure that all side-effects are eliminated. Finally Tom Lane
> suggested to truncate pathkeys while generation of the pathkeys
> itself. So this patch comes.

I found your older patch quite straightforward to understand, but the
new one much more difficult to follow (but that's not saying much, I
am not very familiar with the planner code in general).

Do you have any references to the discussion about the side-effects that
needed to be eliminated with the earlier patch?

-- Abhijit