Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul  2, 2014 at 03:32:55PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The second will tell them if they should go to a wiki page that will
> show them how to set database and relation minmxid values:
>
>     WITH list(file) AS
>     (
>         SELECT * FROM pg_ls_dir('pg_multixact/offsets')
>     )
>     SELECT     EXISTS (SELECT * FROM list WHERE file ~ '^[8-9A-F]') AND
>         EXISTS (SELECT * FROM pg_database WHERE datminmxid = 1)
>         AS update_database_and_relation_minmxid;
>
> I will work on the wiki page now.
>
> I think this issue is now ready for 9.3.X, once we write the wiki page
> and release note text.

I have completed the wiki page for the second bug fix:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20140702pg_upgrade_fix

The first bug fix just requires removal of the '0000' file, and I think
can be fully explained in the release notes.

  + Everyone has their own god. +