Re: Audit of logout

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: Audit of logout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2014-07-02 12:52:51 -0700, mail@joeconway.com wrote:

> Doesn't mean that to me but feel free to change it to Waiting on
> Author if you prefer :-)
>
> Is there any official explanation as to what those states mean
> documented anywhere?

I don't know if there's an official definition, but my understanding of
"returned with feedback" was always pretty much in agreement with what
Fujii wrote. If the author is expected to post a revised patch soon, it
gets marked "waiting on author", and "returned with feedback" means it
will take longer, probably in the next CF.

But I also treat these labels as a matter of convenience, and definitely
not some mark of shame where the author should feel upset that the patch
was put in one state or the other. As far as I'm concerned, patches can
be switched from "returned with feedback" to "needs review" to "ready
for committer" at the drop of a hat if updates are made in time.

-- Abhijit