Re: 9.5 CF1

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: 9.5 CF1
Дата
Re: 9.5 CF1  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Re: 9.5 CF1  (Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Performance
-----------

scalable LWLocks
Generic atomics implementation   Both under active discussion.

KNN-GiST with recheck
Partial sort   Some earlier discussion, but no conclusions, and as far as I know   nobody is working on these patches
atthe moment.

lowering array_agg memory requirements   I'm waiting to hear from Tomas if he expects to post an updated   version of
thepatch soon. Otherwise I'll move it to 2014-08.

Don't require a NBuffer sized PrivateRefCount array of local buffer pins   Pending performance tests before commit. Is
anyoneworking on this?

Allow more join types to be removed   Updated patch pending review from Simon. Updates welcome.

Sort support for text with strxfrm() poor man's keys   Lots of earlier discussion, but no conclusions as far as I can
tell.  Does anyone want to take a look at this?

Scaling shared buffer eviction   Pending review by Andres. Any updates?

Spread shared memory across NUMA memory nodes   Marked waiting on author, but status unclear. Any updates?

Use unique index for longer pathkeys   No reviews, no reviewers. I took a quick look, and it's not clear if   this is
usefulin itself, or if it just enables more interesting   optimisations later. Does anyone want to look at this?

XLogLockBlockRangeForCleanup   Amit Khandekar plans to post a review this week.

SKIP LOCKED   Two patches available: original by Simon, updated/merged version by   Thomas Munro. Simon said he'll look
intoboth with a view towards   committing the functionality. Timeline not yet clear.

Allow NOT IN to use anti joins   Revised patch marked pending review. Updates welcome.

CSN snapshots   Work in progress, plenty of discussion, no reviews. Probably nothing   to do here. (Heikki, are you
waitingfor feedback or anything?)

There's not even one "ready for committer" patch in this category.

-- Abhijit