Re: Alternative to psql -c ?

От James Le Cuirot
Тема Re: Alternative to psql -c ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:30:15 +0200
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM, James Le Cuirot
> <chewi@aura-online.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Also - I have no idea what "peer authentication" has to do with Pg
> > > gem - care to elaborate? The gem is for client, and authentication
> > > happens in server, so ... ?
> > Right but peer authentication is all to do with the operating system
> > user that the client is connecting from. In the case of chef-client,
> >

> Any reason why you can't reconfigure Pg to allow root connections to
> postgres account?

I had considered this. In practise, the "end user" would also need to
be added. The postgresql cookbook currently doesn't generate the
pg_ident.conf file but it could.

However, this would still require the installation of build-essential
and Tom Lane has pointed out that using PQexec is flawed anyway so
maybe I could use stdin after all.

James