Re: PGDG debs not playing nice with pgxn (bug?)

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: PGDG debs not playing nice with pgxn (bug?)
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Steve Crawford 2014-06-19 <53A304BC.40908@pinpointresearch.com>
> I attempted to install pg_repack on a server running PostgreSQL 9.1.13 on
> Ubuntu 12.04. As I didn't find pg_repack in the repository or installed
> extensions, I decided to use pgxn.
>
> I installed pgxnclient from PGDG. To use pgxn I had to install
> postgresql-server-dev-9.1 which installed, as a requirement, libpq-dev. The
> pgxn install failed with "error: unknown type name 'pg_int64'" as described
> in this thread:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53989C91.6050403@pinpointresearch.com
>
> Further investigation revealed that the only seemingly available libpg-dev
> in the repo is version 9.3.4. The end result is that there are multiple
> versions of postgres_ext.h automatically installed and that pgxnclient as
> installed from the PGDG repo chooses the wrong one:
> /usr/include/postgresql/postgres_ext.h
> /usr/include/postgresql/9.1/server/postgres_ext.h

Hmm. We've actually cleaned up most of the multiple-server-headers
mess by not shipping them in libpq-dev anymore.

Fwiw, there's working pg_reorg packages for 9.1 on 12.04 on
apt.postgresql.org, maybe these will do the job for you?

What's puzzling me now is why you can't build pg_repack for 9.1 while
it worked for me with pg_reorg on 12.04, I thought these would be
sufficiently similar. Maybe the difference includes a bugfix for this
problem as well...

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/