Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Meanwhile, we have to either revert the addition of lo_create(oid,
> bytea) altogether, or choose a different name for it.  Suggestions?

I wonder if there's any use case where we need to store bytea into
large objects. Don't we already have bytea data type? If the use case
is for large data which does not fit in a tuple, I am afraid that the
query string could become extremely big one.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan