Re: uninterruptable loop: concurrent delete in progress within table

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: uninterruptable loop: concurrent delete in progress within table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2014-06-04 19:03:15 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Robert: Do you remember that case?
> >
> > Alvaro: In the end it'd not be very harmful - if it happens
> > TransactionIdDidCommit() will return false (there's special case code
> > for it).
>
> Not specifically, but I'd be surprised if it isn't possible.

Wouldn't that mean that every single visibility routine in tqual.c is
buggy?

I am not convinced there aren't further bugs in some corner cases in
tqual.c. But even a low likelihood scenarious of
xmax = InvalidTransactionId && (infomask & XMAX_INVALID) == 0
would have become visible by now given how widespread/central those
tests are?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BUG #9652: inet types don't support min/max
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BUG #9652: inet types don't support min/max