Re: [BUGS] BUG #9652: inet types don't support min/max

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #9652: inet types don't support min/max
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-06-03 10:24:46 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I didn't reall look at the patch, but it very much looks to me like that
> > query result could use the \a\t treatment that rules.sql and
> > sanity_check.sql got. It's hard to see the actual difference
> > before/after the patch.
> > I'll patch that now, to reduce the likelihood of changes there causing
> > conflicts for more people.
>
> Personally, I would wonder why the regression tests contain such a query
> in the first place.  It seems like nothing but a major maintenance PITA.

I haven't added it, but it seems appropriate in that specific case. The
number of leakproof functions should be fairly small and every addition
should be carefully reviewed... I am e.g. not sure that it's a good idea
to declare network_smaller/greater as leakproof - but it's hard to catch
that on the basic of pg_proc.h alone.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services