Re: Re-create dependent views on ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN ... TYPE?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Re-create dependent views on ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN ... TYPE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* ash (ash@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> What I am suggesting is that we try to detect such breakage at the time
> the user runs ALTER TABLE (issuing NOTICE or ERROR at user discretion.)
> If changing column type of a table breaks some functions down the way,
> the user will hit it anyway, but better know it soon than when he wants
> to *run* that function.

Sure, if we had the information about what would break then we could
tell the user about it.  We don't and that's not likely to ever
change...
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: pg_llog not mentioned in "Database File Layout"
Сообщение: Re: pg_llog not mentioned in "Database File Layout"