Re: Allowing line-continuation in pgbench custom scripts

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Allowing line-continuation in pgbench custom scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Thoughts?
> >
> > IMO it's better if we can write SQL in multiples line *without* a tailing
> > escape character, like psql's input file.
>
> Yeah, that would be much cleaner.

But that would require duplicating the lexing stuff to determine where
quotes are and where commands end.  There are already some cases where
pgbench itself is the bottleneck; adding a lexing step would be more
expensive, no?  Whereas simply detecting line continuations would be
cheaper.