Re: 9.4 beta1 crash on Debian sid/i386

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: 9.4 beta1 crash on Debian sid/i386
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: To Tom Lane 2014-05-19 <20140519144717.GG7296@msgid.df7cb.de>
> Disabling -pie for all 32bit archs seems to be the way to go for us
> now.

FTR, I've just had a look at armhf (arm-linux-gnueabihf), the address
layout looks exactly the same there, and 9.3 crashes easily, so it's
really a problem of all Linux 32bit archs. I'm puzzled the regression
tests passed there [1], but anyway, we'll probably get rid of -pie.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=postgresql-9.3&arch=armhf&ver=9.3.4-1&stamp=1395348483

> Does this topic warrant being mentioned in the docs?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/