Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:05:08AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think this probably means we need to change chr() to reject code points
> above 10ffff.  Should we back-patch that, or just do it in HEAD?

The compatibility risks resemble those associated with the fixes for bug
#9210, so I recommend HEAD only:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20140220043940.GA3064539@tornado.leadboat.com

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points