Psycopg and prepared SQL statements

От Nicolas Boullis
Тема Psycopg and prepared SQL statements
Дата
Re: Psycopg and prepared SQL statements  (Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com>)
Список psycopg
Hi,

Lately, I’ve been designing and writing a WSGI webapp for which
performance matters. This webapp queries a PostgreSQL database.

As performance matters, I am using a ThreadedConnectionPool from
psycopg2.pool, but I also want to have my SQL statements prepared.

I read
  http://initd.org/psycopg/articles/2012/10/01/prepared-statements-psycopg/
but I could not find a way to mix PreparingCursor with the connection
pool.
Each statement should definitely be prepared only once for each
connection, and I could not find a way to attach the prepared cursors to
the connections in the pool.

So i designed a class that wraps SQL statements, and a class whose
instances are connection factories that prepare the needed statements.

Here is the result of my work, wit a simple example.

All comments are welcome. I think it woul be nice if psycopg could offer
a way to use prepared statements.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Boullis