Re: Logical replication woes

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Logical replication woes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-15 22:30:53 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 05/15/2014 08:46 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >On 2014-05-15 20:07:23 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >How very wierd. The reason for this is that
> >RecordTransactionCommitPrepared() forgets to fill a couple of fields in
> >xl_xact_commit. Any reason dbId/tsId aren't filled? They aren't strictly
> >needed because afaics they're only looked at for relcache invalidations
> >which prepared xacts don't support, but still?
>
> Seems like an oversight in commit dd428c79, which added the fields to
> xl_xact_commit. They are needed. A prepared xact can indeed cause relcache
> invalidations, and removal of the init file. For example:

Hm, so that part has to be backpatched to 9.0. Ick, I wonder if that's
been hit in production. Seems like it could cause pretty random looking
errors. It's easy enough to cause errors like:
ERROR:  could not open file "base/12753/12613": No such file or directory
I guess not many people will do relevant stuff in prepared xacts tho.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services