Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:36:51PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> > No, all memory allocat is per-process, except for shared memory.  We
> > probably need a way to record our large local memory allocations in
> > PGPROC that other backends can see;  same for effective cache size
> > assumptions we make.
> >

> I see. I thought there would be some centralised way to traverse, say,
> a linked list of contexts that individual backends create or something
> like that. But, I suppose it would not be straightforward to make any
> of that work for what we are after here.

The problem is locking overhead between sessions.  Right now we avoid
all of that, and I think if we just put the value in PGPROC, it will be
good enough with limited locking required.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: Unportability of setvbuf()
Сообщение: Re: Unportability of setvbuf()