Re: 9.4 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May  8, 2014 at 10:17:27AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > I have completed the initial version of the 9.4 release notes.  You can
> > view them here:
> >
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html
> >
> > I will be adding additional markup in the next few days.
> >
> > Feedback expected and welcomed.  I expect to be modifying this until we
> > release 9.4 final.  I have marked items where I need help with question
> > marks.

> E.1.3.7.1. System Information Functions
>
>     Add functions for error-free pg_class, pg_proc, pg_type, and pg_operator lookups (Yugo Nagata, Nozomi Anzai,
RobertHaas)

>     For example, to_regclass() does error-free lookups of pg_class, and returns NULL for lookup failures.
>
> Probably "error-free" is too strong wording because these functions
> are not actualy error free.
>
> test=# select to_regclass('a.b.c.d');
> ERROR:  improper relation name (too many dotted names): a.b.c.d
> STATEMENT:  select to_regclass('a.b.c.d');

Agreed.  New text:
       Add functions for <structname>pg_class</>,       <structname>pg_proc</>, <structname>pg_type</>, and
<structname>pg_operator</>lookups that do not generate errors for       non-existent objects (Yugo Nagata, Nozomi
Anzai,      Robert Haas)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +