Re: New timezones used in regression tests

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: New timezones used in regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: To PostgreSQL Hackers 2014-05-12 <20140512214025.GA31202@msgid.df7cb.de>
> 84df54b22e8035addc7108abd9ff6995e8c49264 introduced timestamp
> constructors. In the regression tests, various time zones are tested,
> including America/Metlakatla. Now, if you configure using
> --with-system-tzdata, you'll get an error if that zone isn't there.
> Unfortunately, this is what I'm getting now when trying to build beta1
> on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) with tzdata 2010i-1:
>
>   SELECT make_timestamptz(1866, 12, 10, 0, 0, 0, 'America/Metlakatla') AT TIME ZONE 'UTC';
> ! ERROR:  time zone "America/Metlakatla" not recognized
>
> I can work around it by patching the regression tests, but it would be
> nice if some other zone would be used that wasn't "invented" in 2011.

Fwiw, there is an updated tzdata version in lucid-updates
(2014a-0ubuntu0.10.04), which wasn't used in the pgapt build env until
now, hence the error. Still, the problem will remain on older systems,
and choosing a different time zone for this test seems easy to change.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/