Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund 2014-05-08 <20140508145901.GB1703@awork2.anarazel.de>
> > Maybe this is nitpicking, but what happens when postgresql.auto.conf also
> > includes the setting of data_directory? This is possible because we can
> > set data_directory via ALTER SYSTEM now. Should we just ignore such
> > problematic setting in postgresql.auto.conf with warning message?
>
> I think that's a case of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor: don't
> do that then".

I'd opt to forbid setting data_directory at ALTER SYSTEM time. For the
other options, I agree with Andres that you should get to keep all
parts if you manage to break it.

Fortunately, ALTER SYSTEM already refuses to change config_file :)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/