Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:

> > > * sparc 32bit
> >
> > Do we really care about sparc 32bit at this point?  You're talking a
> > 10-year-old machine, there.
>
> I personally don't really, but the last time it came up significant
> parts of community opinionated the other way. And I'd rather have it
> tested and actually supported than supposedly supported.

The thing is that a machine as weird as Sparc uncovers strange failures
that don't show up in other architectures.  For instance, spoonbill
(sparc64 IIRC) has turned up rather interesting numbers of problems.
I think it's useful to have such a thing in the buildfarm.