Re: 9.4 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May  5, 2014 at 10:40:29AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Major enhancement list:
>
> Per discussion on the -advocacy list, the features we've picked out as
> "major enhancements" for advocacy reasons this round are:
>
> * Materialized Views (because with refresh concurrently, MatViews are
> now useful, which they weren't, very, in 9.3)
>
> * Logical Decoding/Changeset Extraction which we're calling "Data Change
> Streaming API" in the advocacy stuff.  Not sure if you want to use that
> name in the technical realease notes.
>
> * Dynamic Background Workers (this one is a major feature, but won't be
> front-listed in advocacy doc because it's hard to explain and nobody's
> built anything cool with it yet.  But it should go under major
> enhancements in the release notes)
>
> * JSONB and related features (such as indexing)
>
> * ALTER SYSTEM SET
>
> Lemme know if you need description text for any of the above.

OK, I added doc links and this list of major features.  You can see the
results here:
http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-4.html

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Issue with GRANT/COMMENT ON FUNCTION with default
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: TABLESPACE and directory for Foreign tables?