Re: Cluster name in ps output

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Cluster name in ps output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2014-05-05 08:03:04 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Uhh, that's not at all true.  You can trivially have multiple IPs on a
> > box w/o jails or containers (aliased interfaces) and then run PG on the
> > default port- which I find to be *far* more convenient than having the
> > same IP and a bunch of different ports.
>
> Only that you then need different socket directories. Do you really do
> that regularly?

Yup.  I've wished for that to be the default in Debian quite a few
times, actually...  Much easier to deal with firewall rules and users
who are coming from pgAdmin and friends if they only have to deal with
understanding what hosts they need to connect to, and not worry about
the port also.

> Anyway, I am happy having the cluster_name thingy.

Agreed.
Thanks,
    Stpehen