Re: Cluster name in ps output

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Cluster name in ps output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-05 10:07:46 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Including the value of listen_addresses along w/ the port would make it
> > useful.  If we really don't want the cluster-name concept (which,
> > personally, I like quite a bit), how about including the listen_address
> > value if it isn't '*'?
>
> Nah, let's do cluster name.  That way, somebody who's only got one
> postmaster isn't suddenly going to see a lot of useless clutter,
> ie the user gets to decide what to add to ps output.  "SHOW cluster_name"
> might be useful at the application level as well, I suspect.

Hm. What about unifiyng this with event_source? Not sure if it's a good
idea, but it's a pretty similar thing.

> Also, -1 for adding another log_line_prefix escape.  If you're routing
> multiple clusters logging to the same place (which is already a bit
> unlikely IMO), you can put distinguishing strings in log_line_prefix
> already.  And it's not like we've got an infinite supply of letters
> for those escapes.

Using syslog and including the same config file from multiple clusters
isn't that uncommon. But I can live without it.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Cluster name in ps output
Сообщение: Re: Cluster name in ps output