Re: 9.4 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May  5, 2014 at 10:18:44AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Sun, May  4, 2014 at 03:49:27PM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>
> > > +      <listitem>
> > > +       <para>
> > > +        Add huge_pages configuration parameter to attempt to use huge translation look-aside buffer (TLB) pages
onLinux (Christian Kruse,

> > > +        Richard Poole, Abhijit Menon-Sen)
> > > +       </para>
> > >
> > > I think this is too detailed - how about: "... to use huge pages ..."?
> >
> > I am not sure on this as the default is "try", but I updated the wording
> > like your suggested:
> >
> >     Add huge_pages configuration parameter to enable huge
> >     translation look-aside buffer (TLB) pages on Linux
>
> Please see
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140226161302.GD4759@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org
> about the "TLB huge pages" terminology.  Maybe "..enable huge MMU
> pages..." as suggested by Peter G. in that sub-thread.

You are totally correct.  I was referencing tlb from the _old_ name for
the variable, but didn't update the description when the variable was
renamed.

New text is:
       Add huge_pages configuration parameter to use huge memory pages on Linux (Christian Kruse,       Richard Poole,
AbhijitMenon-Sen)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +