Re: quiet inline configure check misses a step for clang

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: quiet inline configure check misses a step for clang
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-01 16:17:17 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Patch attached.
>
> Committed with minor comment-smithing.

Thanks.

There's another problematic case:
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=olinguito&dt=2014-05-01%2021%3A22%3A43&stg=config

configure:9737: ccache gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wendif-labels-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -g
-I/usr/local/include/libxml2-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/kerberosV -L/usr/local/lib -lpthread -lcrypto -liconv
-L/usr/local/lib-L/usr/local/lib  conftest.c -lxslt -lxml2 -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lreadline -ltermcap -lm  >&5

/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.14.0: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.14.0: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so.3.8: warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use snprintf()
configure:9737: $? = 0
configure: failed program was:

That's not new. And it seems like a case of really misguided platform
specific changes (actually smelling a bit of zealotry). So I'd be
prepared to ignore it. Other opinions?

How on earth could it be a good idea to warn about this when linking to
libraries instead of warning when a function is actually used during
compilation?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services