Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-28 14:05:04 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I don't think this is about the truncation thing, but about the
> > deadlock.c/proc.c logic around DS_BLOCKED_BY_AUTOVACUUM. I.e. that a
> > autovacuum is cancelled if user code tries to acquire a conflicting
> > lock.
>
> It's a bit of a stretch to claim that a manual VACUUM should be cancelled
> by a manual DDL action elsewhere.  Who's to say which of those things
> should have priority?

Yea, I am not that sure about the feature either. It sure would need to
be optional. Often enough VACUUMs are scripted to run during off hours,
for those it possibly makes sense.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks
Сообщение: Re: allowing VACUUM to be cancelled for conflicting locks