Re: includedir_internal headers are not self-contained

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: includedir_internal headers are not self-contained
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Heikki Linnakangas 2014-04-28 <535E09B7.3090706@vmware.com>
> >Comments?  If there's anyone who has a really good use-case for using
> >relpath() from outside the backend, better speak up.
>
> I'm using it in the pg_rewind tool. It needs to know how to map relfilenodes
> to physical files.
>
> It has quite intimate knowledge of the on-disk layout anyway, so it wouldn't
> be the end of the world to just copy-paste that code. But would rather not,
> of course.

Isn't pg_rewind so low-level server-close that it needs tons of server
headers anyway, including one that would still have relpath()? We are
talking here about what headers pure client apps need.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/