Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim,

* Jim Nasby (jim@nasby.net) wrote:
> On 4/22/14, 5:01 PM, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >We also have colo space and power, etc.  So this would be the whole deal.  The cluster would be up for as long as
needed.

> >Are the machine specs sufficient?  Any other things we should look for?
> >
> >CC'd Tom on this email.
>
> Did anyone respond to this off-list?

Yes, I did follow-up with Tom.  I'll do so again, as the discussion had
died down.

> Would these machines be more useful as dedicated performance test servers for the community or generic BenchFarm
members?

I don't believe they would be terribly useful as buildfarm systems; we
could set up similar systems with VMs to just run the regression tests.
Where I see these systems being particularly valuable would be as the
start of our performance farm, and perhaps one of the systems as a PG
infrastructure server.
Thanks!
    Stephen