Re: extension_control_path

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: extension_control_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 09:36 +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> > Please find attached the v2 version of the patch, including fixes for
> > the crash and documentation aspects you've listed before.
>
> Do we want to get this version committed (will need some small tweaks),
> or do we want to wait for the next release for a more comprehensive
> solution?

I'm alright with this and it's in line with the other parameters that we
support.  I had hoped for a different approach, but I seem to be in the
minority camp and this is more in line with what we've got already
anyway.

I do think it's better than what we've got today, and the ability to set
it runtime makes it useable for a lot of things.  Perhaps we could make
that not require superuser at some point, provided the extension which
gets installed from the path set by the user doesn't have anything in it
which requires superuser.
Thanks,
    Stephen