Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I see performance degradation with PostgreSQL 9.3 vs 9.2 on FreeBSD, and I'm wondering who to poke to mitigate the
problem.In reference to this thread [1], who where the FreeBSD people that Francois mentioned? If mmap needs to perform
wellin the kernel, I'd like to know of someone with FreeBSD kernel knowledge who is interested in working with mmap
perfocmance.If mmap is indeed the cuplrit, I've just tested 9.2.8 vs 9.3.4, I nevere isolated the mmap patch, although
Ibelieve Francois did just that with similar results.

I observe performance degradation with PostgreSQL 9.3 vs 9.2 on Linux
as well.  The hardware is HP DL980G7, 80 cores, 2TB mem, RHEL 6,
pgbench is used (read only query), scale factor is 1,000 (DB size
15GB).

Included is the graph (from PostgreSQL Enterprise Consortium's 2014
report page 13: https://www.pgecons.org/downloads/43). I see up to 14%
degration (at 128 concurrent users) comparing with 9.2.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD