Re: plv8 and pg_buildext

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: plv8 and pg_buildext
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Daniel Farina 2014-04-22 <CAAZKuFY=4JX3OMczri5kraJw40d0x55ffNme59QQBEG_LrcuuA@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> I've recently been using pg_buildext to template control.in files, and
> it's pretty great.  However, I did run into this problem with plv8 and
> its generated control file, with the practical consequence being that
> it seems that the plv8 debian package cannot really support building
> for several postgresql versions at the same time (at least, it
> wouldn't when I submitted to a launchpad), being saved by
> "supported-versions" *only* possessing 9.3 in current Debian/Trusty.
>
> I did get around this by finding this helpful thread reporting the same bug:
>
>   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-postgresql-public/2013-May/001197.html
>
> I applied a workaround seen in that thread and copied a modified
> pg_buildext (without srcdir=$srcdir) into "debian/" and it worked like
> a charm, I think:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-postgresql-public/2013-May/001233.html
>
> However, as evidenced by that response, it was somehow sub-ideal.
>
> This workaround works for my own packages (I want plv8 for 9.2), but I
> thought I'd re-raise that come 9.4 this may be a problem and caused
> some grief in at least one instance.

Why don't you just use the packages on apt.postgresql.org?

postgresql-9.3-plv8 - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL and JavaScript
postgresql-9.0-plv8 - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL and JavaScript
postgresql-9.1-plv8 - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL and JavaScript
postgresql-9.2-plv8 - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL and JavaScript

That's for trusty and many other dists.

The problems mentioned in these posts have long been fixed in newer
postgresql-common versions.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/