Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Дата
Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@krosing.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-17 13:33:27 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Just over 99.6% of pages (leaving aside the meta page) in the big 10
> GB pgbench_accounts_pkey index are leaf pages.

That's a rather nice number. I knew it was big, but I'd have guessed
it'd be a percent lower.

Do you happen to have the same stat handy for a sensibly wide text or
numeric real world index? It'd be interesting to see what the worst case
there is.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: assertion in 9.4 with wal_level=logical
Сообщение: Re: assertion in 9.4 with wal_level=logical