Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > I just created sections in the SGML manual chapters about GIST, GIN, and
> > SP-GIST to hold documentation about the standard opclasses provided for
> > them:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/gist-builtin-opclasses.html
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/gin-builtin-opclasses.html
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/spgist-builtin-opclasses.html
> >
> > We never had any well-defined place to discuss such opclasses before,
> > but I think it's past time we did.
>
> +1.  Great idea.

Agreed.

I find that in my browser it's a bit difficult to make out the different
operators in the long list; ISTM a single space between operators isn't
enough.  I wonder how can we do better; sticking commas (or any other
single character, really) between them is not likely to improve matters;
and using one column per operator is not going to work very well.  Maybe
if it were possible to split a single cell in several sub-cells; or
perhaps there's a way to specify two whitespace units, or a long space,
or something like that.