Re: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Dynamic Shared Memory stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-09 11:50:33 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > One question:
> > 1. I have seen that initdb still creates pg_dynshmem, is it required
> > after your latest changes?
>
> It's only used now if dynamic_shared_memory_type = mmap.  I know
> Andres was never a huge fan of the mmap implementation, so we could
> rip that out and get rid of the directory, too, but I kind of liked
> having it, and broke the tie in favor of myself.

It's purely a toy thing. I think pretty much every dynshm user that
actually transfers data through it will be better off falling back to
single process style work, rather than parellizing it.

Anyway, it's there, it doesn't presently cause problems, and I don't
have to maintain it, so ...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services