Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-02 23:50:19 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > I just tried it on clang. It builds clean with -Wc11-extensions except
> > > warning about _Static_assert(). That's possibly fixable with some
> > > autoconf trickery.
> >
> > Ah.  That sounds promising.  What clang version is that?
>
> It's debian's clang-3.5, which is built from trunk IIUC: 1:3.5~svn201651-1
>
> I have some patches that fix the configure tests to properly use
> -Werror, but I am too tired to check their validity now.

So, three patches attached:
1) fix a couple of warnings clang outputs in -pedantic. All of them
   somewhat valid and not too ugly to fix.
2) Use -Werror in a couple more configure checks. That allows to compile
   pg using both -Wc11-extensions and -Wc99-extensions in a halfway sane
   fashion. I think this is sane, but I'd welcome comments.
3) Fix C89 compliance issue in pgbench, plus minor cleanups. I don't
   like the fix here, but I don't really have a better idea.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения