Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-02 15:17:16 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Same issue as in
> > http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31718.1394059256@sss.pgh.pa.us
> >
> > In file included from jsonb.c:19:
> > ../../../../src/include/utils/jsonb.h:195: warning: unnamed struct/union that defines no instances
> > jsonb.c: In function `jsonb_in_object_field_start':
> > jsonb.c:250: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:251: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:251: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:252: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c: In function `jsonb_put_escaped_value':
> > jsonb.c:266: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:266: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:271: structure has no member named `numeric'
> > jsonb.c:274: structure has no member named `boolean'
> > jsonb.c: In function `jsonb_in_scalar':
> > jsonb.c:301: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:302: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:302: structure has no member named `string'
> > jsonb.c:303: structure has no member named `string'
> > ... etc etc etc ...
> >
> > We really need to get a buildfarm member going that complains about this.
> > I had hoped to install a sufficiently old gcc version on prairiedog or
> > dromedary, but didn't have much luck rebuilding ancient gcc releases on
> > OS X.
>
> Complain how?  I find that gcc -std=c90 -pedantic emits these warnings about
> it:
>
> def.c:3:24: warning: ISO C90 doesn’t support unnamed structs/unions [-pedantic]
> def.c:1:8: warning: struct has no named members [-pedantic]

Last time I checked gcc builds of postgres using -pedantic are so
verbose that warnings don't have an effect anymore. Is that not the case
anymore?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions
Сообщение: Re: jsonb is also breaking the rule against nameless unions