Re: get_fn_expr_variadic considered harmful

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: get_fn_expr_variadic considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-01 12:52:54 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> We could possibly salvage something by redefining funcvariadic as only
> being true if VARIADIC was used *and* the function is VARIADIC ANY,
> so that it returns to not being different for semantically-equivalent
> cases.  This would be a bit messy, since it would not un-break the
> behavior for any already stored rules or indexes in 9.3 databases.
> But I'm not sure there is any good way to make the problem magically
> go away in 9.3 databases.

It's pretty damn ugly, but if we're going for magic in around those
edges, we could just force the new behaviour in readfuncs.c. IIUC all
the neccessary data for it is there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: get_fn_expr_variadic considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: get_fn_expr_variadic considered harmful