Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-03-30 00:00:30 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   Looks like we might not be entirely out of the woods yet regarding
>   MultiXactId's.  After doing an upgrade from 9.2.6 to 9.3.4, we saw the
>   following:
>
>   ERROR:  MultiXactId 6849409 has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound
>
>   The table contents can be select'd out and match the pre-upgrade
>   backup, but any attempt to VACUUM / VACUUM FULL / CLUSTER fails,
>   unsurprisingly.

Without having looked at the code, IIRC this looks like some place
misses passing allow_old=true where it's actually required. Any chance
you can get a backtrace for the error message? I know you said somewhere
below that you'd worked around the problem, but maybe you have a copy of
the database somewhere?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services