Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-03-28 16:45:28 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2014-03-28 16:41:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Any objection to separating out the have_mappings bit?  It wasn't terribly
> >> appropriate before, but it seems really out of place in this formulation.
>
> > The patch I sent removed the have_mapping thing entirely? Do you mean it
> > should be there, but as a separate query?
>
> Oh, so it did.  Well, do you think we need a query checking that?
> I hadn't questioned the need to do so, but if you feel it's unnecessary
> I'm certainly willing to pull it.

I don't think it's necessary. As far as I understand LATERAL, a join to
a function returning NULL will still return the row. So, the test now
would only test whether there are rows in pg_class which seems a bit
pointless.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure
Сообщение: Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure