Re: Standby server won't start

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Standby server won't start
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's because the parameter is checked at the beginning of recovery
> (i.e. at standby start) before XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE is received and
> applied on the standby.  Please see CheckRequiredParameterValues() in
> StartupXLOG().
>
> To persist the max_connections change:
>
> 1) stop primary
> 2) change max_connections on the primary
> 3) start primary
> 4) watch pg_stat_replication to wait until the standby is sync with
> the primary (XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE is applied)
> 5) stop standby
> 6) change max_connections on the standby
> 7) start standby

Unfotunately this did not work for me. pg_stat_replication showed
replay_location and sent_location are identical, and I assume the
standby is sync with the primary in step #4. Still the standby did not
start in #7 with same error message I showed. This is PostgreSQL
9.3.3. Also pg_controldata <standby DB cluster> showed the old
max_connections at #7. So I guess XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE has not been
sent for some reason. Will look into this.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan