Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > On 03/17/2014 05:49 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20140320UpdateIssues
>
> > Anyone?  We're going public with this in 36 hours, so I'd love for it to
> > actually be correct.
>
> I did a bit more hacking on this page.  Could use another look from Alvaro
> and/or Andres, I'm sure.

Edited, mainly to remove mention of FOR NO KEY UPDATE as a possible
cause of the problem.  I don't know that this can cause an issue, since
that lock level conflicts with updates.

I wonder about suggesting other versions of ALTER TABLE that can do
heap rewrites.