Re: pg_basebackup --slot=SLOTNAME -X stream

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_basebackup --slot=SLOTNAME -X stream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-03-18 22:25:05 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Is there the explicit reason why --slot option that pg_receivexlog
> already has has not been added into pg_basebackup? If not,
> I'd like to support that option to eliminate the need to increase
> wal_keep_segments for pg_basebackup. Thought?

I think to make the option really interesting for pg_basebackup we'd
need to make pg_basebackup create the slot, use it for streaming, and
then dump it afterwards. At the moment the walsender interface isn't
expressive enough to do that safely, without any chance of leaving a
slot behind on error. I don't have time to implement the necessary
scaffolding for 9.4.
I wouldn't mind a "raw" --slot argument, that requires the user to
create/drop the slot outside the calls to pg_basebackup. I just am not
sure how interesting it is to the majority of users.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services