Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Robert Haas escribió:
> >> I've committed this patch now with a few further tweaks, leaving this
> >> issue unaddressed.  It may well be something that needs improvement,
> >> but I don't think it's a big enough issue to justify holding back a
> >> commit.
> >
> > Hmm, is the buildfarm exercising any of this?
>
> I think it isn't, apart from whether it builds.  Apparently the
> buildfarm only runs installcheck on contrib, not check.  And the
> test_decoding plugin only runs under installcheck, not check.  Also,
> it's not going to test walsender/walreceiver at all, but that's harder
> to fix.

So the buildfarm exercises pg_upgrade, to some extent, by way of a
custom module,
https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/master/PGBuild/Modules/TestUpgrade.pm
As far as I can tell, test_decoding wants to do the same thing (i.e. get
make check to run).  Is the best option to write a new TestLogical.pm
module for the buildfarm, or should we somehow think about how to
generalize the pg_upgrade trick so that animal caretakers can enable
runs of test_decoding by simply upgrading to a newer version of the
buildfarm script?

Сообщение: Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1
Сообщение: Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9.1