Re: Unportable coding in reorderbuffer.h

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Unportable coding in reorderbuffer.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-03-07 13:27:28 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > A patch fixing this is attached. I've added some more local variables to
> > deal with the longer lines...
>
> Since I've got a compiler in captivity that complains about this,
> I'll take care of checking and committing this patch.

Thanks.

The tests specific for the feature can be run with (cd
contrib/test_decoding && make -s check), as they require non-default
PGC_POSTMASTER settings.

> I still think it might be a good idea to spin up a buildfarm member
> running "gcc -ansi -pedantic", even if we don't see that as a particularly
> useful case in practice.  Thoughts?

I tried to compile with both -ansi -pedantic -std=c90 to catch potential
further issues, but at least my gcc version makes the output completely
drown in various warnings. Some can be individually disabled, but lots
of them seem to be only be covered by pretty general warning categories.
-ansi -std=c90 -Wno-variadic-macros works reasonably well tho.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: on_exit_reset fails to clear DSM-related exit actions
Сообщение: Re: on_exit_reset fails to clear DSM-related exit actions