Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, exactly what features are missing from jsonb
> today that are available with hstore?  How long would it take to
> copy-and-paste all that code, if someone were to decide to do the
> work instead of argue about it?

Somewhere upthread, Peter seemed to estimate it at a day, if I
understood correctly.  If that's accurate, I'm certainly behind getting
it done and in and moving on.  I'm sure no one particularly likes a
bunch of copy/pasteing of code, but if it would get us to the point of
having a really working jsonb that everyone is happy with, I'm all for
it.

It's not clear how much different it would be if we waited til 9.5
either- do we anticipate a lot of code changes beyond the copy/paste for
these?
Thanks,
    Stephen